In continuation to make Indian farmers more powerful and economically strong under “Atma Nirbhar Bharat”, Prime Minister Modi next initiative is “Zero Budget Based Farming”.
PM Modi has announced to that “A committee will be constituted to promote Zero budget based farming, to change crop pattern keeping in mind the changing needs of the country, and to make MSP more effective and transparent & that the committee will consist of representatives of the Central Government and State Governments, Farmers, Agricultural Scientists and Agricultural Economists”.
This committee will be headed by Mr. Sanjay Aggarwal Former Agriculture Secretary.
Committee will work and submit the report on below subjects:
M. S. P.
- Making the system more effective and transparent, to make available MSP to farmers of the nation.
- Report on practicality to give more autonomy to Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP) and measures to make it more scientific.
- Suggestion to strengthen the Agricultural Marketing System according to the requirements of the nation in current scenario to ensure higher value to the farmers through remunerative prices of their produce by taking advantage of the domestic and export opportunities.
- Suggestions for programmes and schemes for value chain development, protocol validation & research for future needs and support for area expansion under the Indian Natural Farming System by publicity and through involvement and contribution of farmer organizations.
- To suggest strategies for making Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVKs) and other Research & Development institutions as knowledge centres, and introduction of natural farming system curriculum and skill development courses in the Universities & other educational Institutions.
- To suggest farmer friendly alternative certification system and marketing system for natural farming processes and products.
- To suggest methods and means for international coordination to strengthen the value chain development of natural farming.
- Chain of laboratories for organic certification of products produced through natural farming.
- Mapping of existing cropping patterns of agro-ecological zones of producer and consumer states.
- Diversification policy to change the cropping pattern according to the changing needs of the nation.
- Arrangement for agricultural diversification & system to ensure remunerative prices for the sale of new crops.
- Review and suggestion on micro irrigation scheme.